Warsaw, building of the Warsaw Charitable Society, lithograph by Xaver Pilatti in: August Sokołowski Dzieje porozbiorowe Narodu Polskiego ilustrowane, Warsaw, IV, 98.
Five years after his debut—a concert at Radziwiłł Palace in aid of the Warsaw Charitable Society—Fryderyk Chopin gave another public performance, in the WCS’s own headquarters: the ‘Res Sacra Miser’ building on ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście (near the corner of ul. Bednarska). In 1823, Chopin took part in a concert there in aid of charity.
photo Piotr Ligier