Wroc³aw, Church of St Elizabeth, etching by P. P. Troschel. Collection: Biblioteka Narodowa, Warsaw [Dzia³ Ikonografii, T. III–65, G. 9106, shelf-mark 42553].
The license is accorded by the owner.
Chopin visited Wroc³aw in passing several times. His longest stay there occurred in 1830, when, together with his friend Tytus, he stopped in the city on the way to Vienna. At the urging of the local musicians, after a single rehearsal with orchestra he gave a concert in the Merchants’ Hall on 8 November 1830.